Starting January 1, 2020 the Isle recycling drop site will have new hours. It will have 24 hour availability, and will accept single-sort recycling.
Recyclables are transported to the Dem-Con facility in Shakopee, Minnesota where the recyclables are separated, baled, and transported to market. The sorting and separating is done mechanically at the Dem-Con facility so no sorting is required at the recycling site, just place it loosely in the container. Because of this mechanical sorting process boxes must be broken down and no plastic bags or shredded paper are allowed.
Isle Clean Up Day
Bring in your unwanted household items to recycle or dispose of for free or at a reduced cost. The City of Isle offers an event year in the spring. Check back soon for more details about the clean up in 2020
Household Hazardous Waste
Mille Lacs County Environmental Resources, in coordination with Stearns County, hosts two mobile collection events for household hazardous waste each year. The 2020 events are tentatively scheduled for May 28th in Milaca, and June 4th in Wahkon.
Items accepted include household hazardous waste, electronics, and appliances; fees are charged for the disposal of some items.
- Place all recyclables loosely in the recycling container – no plastic bags. Plastic bags and films can be brought to participating businesses (https://www.plasticfilmrecycling.org/).
- Break down cardboard boxes.
- Make sure recyclable materials are clean and dry.
- Place caps back on all recyclables after they’re emptied.
- Only deposit materials that are on the accepted materials list.
- If you see someone actively dumping materials that aren’t accepted, please contact local law enforcement. If you see unacceptable materials that have already been dumped, please contact Environmental Resources at (320) 983-8325.